Thursday, June 16, 2011

Australia's Space Needs Blog Series

I have decided to write a series of Blog posts about Australia's Space needs. I'm not really talking about Launch Sites or Human Space Flight (although it would be great to have both!), rather I am interested in looking at things we currently use day to day to keep life in Australia running. The kind of thing that everyone should know about in Australia, but probably doesn't. The kind of things that it would be hard NOT to justify using space for.

A few that spring to mind immediately:

  • Meteorology
  • High Speed Communications to Remote Locations 
  • Resource Mapping and Discovery 
  • Border Monitoring 
  • Bushfire Location and Mapping 
  • Defence Intelligence 
  • Position Navigation and Timing 
  • Television Broadcasting

I'd love to hear your ideas on what I should write about, so email me on spaceboomerang@gmail.com with your thoughts or comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment